Heritage Matters is now using a FLIR Infra-red camera to help discover the what lies behind the plaster in historic buildings.
The photographs below show the normal view of the lath and plaster wall in The Bull pub in Southam and the infra-red image below clearly shows where a doorway had been and which has been blocked up in recent years in materail other than lath and plaster.
We are project managing the exciting £1.3M HLF funded conservation project to help regenerate the only 8 sail windmill in England at Heckington, near Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
The project includes:
- Creating a new visitor centre in the granary
- Moving the shop into the granary
- Reinstating mill stones onto the ground floor of the mill
- Providing a full history of the heritage of the site via new interpretation & displays
- Restoring the historic buildings and the setting of the mill
- Providing disabled access to the mill
- Reinstating the old bakehouse
- Providing better car parking & toilet facilities
Contact us for for free initial consultation to discuss through your problem and suggest practical ways forwrad.
- Historic Building Surveys
- Advice on Listing Building Consent Applications
- Preparing Statement of Significance & Impact as supporting evidence for listed building consent and planning applications
- Architectural and Interior Design
We are also able to help clients apply for Listed Building, Conservation Area and Scheduled Ancient Monument consent required for works in and around historic buildings and sites.